I love the council from Elder Dallin H. Oaks: "A good marriage does not require a perfect man or a perfect woman. It only requires a man and a woman committed to strive together toward perfection." We do not need to be perfect in our marriages, we just need to keep trying and working at it everyday. There are so many distractions in our lives. It is easy to forget how sacred our relationship with our spouse truly is.
Growing up whenever we had spaghetti for dinner, we had Hawaiian punch to go with it. My Dad was most definitely a faithful milk drinker, but for some reason when we had spaghetti he loved to drink Hawaiian punch. Because it was a favorite of my Dad, my Mom always made sure we had it on hand when spaghetti was on the menu. This may seem insignificant, but to me it really isn’t. It was these little things that helped my parents have a strong marriage. No marriage is perfect, but I know they loved each other and made one another a priority in their lives. Whenever I think of spaghetti, I think of all the many small things that are important to build a great marriage.
Week #2 Challenge
- Think of something small you can do on a regular basis to show your husband or wife that you love them. If you are not married, think of something along the same lines you can do for a parent or other family member that shows your love.


No comments:
Post a Comment