Today I went to the Ogden, Utah Temple. I love the power that comes when I have the opportunity to go to the Temple. As I was thinking about my goal to create my own "house of order," I thought of how the earth was created. In Genesis we read about the Creation. Today I noticed how everything was organized. Each day of the Creation had something specific that needed to be done.
As I work toward having an orderly home, it is important that I take the time to prioritize weekly tasks. I often get sidetracked, but seeing the Creation in this new light helped me recognize how important it is for me to decide what needs to be done and focus on that, until it is finished. Following this pattern will help us reach our goal. I am grateful for the guidance and inspiration that comes when I attend the Temple. I know I am not alone on my journey toward establishing our own "house of order," and our own "house of God." (D&C 88:119)

Yes! You have no idea how I needed this simple truth today! Create "a house of order" with "wisdom and order"! I have been still trying to move in... like a chicken with its head cut off! Lol! Really I am just running in circles and getting no where! You know the "if you give a mouse a Cooke" book? I am the mouse and whatever I see becomes top priority! Perhaps if I focus on creating one thing at a time and prioritize... we may actually get there!
ReplyDeleteI am also thinking about a house where we gather together rather than off to our own corners. Places for us to read together, games by the kitchen table so we gather there together. I even have a creating room or creation/craft room. ... because although I am not crafty... there is something about creating things and making them beautiful--- our Father and Savior are the greatest Creators! They created heaven and earth! I want something that represents that desire to become like Them!