A House of Order

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Isn't It About More?


What does marriage mean to you?  This answer will definitely vary from person to person.  What marriage means to one couple, will be different for another.  

When my husband and I were first married, my view on marriage was definitely not what it is today.  I could not imagine loving my husband more than I did the day we married.  Fortunately, my love for my husband has grown stronger.  We have had many happy times, but it is through the difficult times, I have found that we have become closer.

About five years ago I started having health problems.  We went to doctor after doctor trying to figure out what was going on.  This was a very frustrating time for me!  We were not getting any answers, and I was sick and tired of going to appointments and not getting any closer to figuring out what was wrong.  There were so many days that I would vow never to go to another doctor again.  My husband would not let me give up.  He was always right there to encourage and take care of me.

After about a year and a half, we found out that I had a hole in my heart.  We were so grateful we finally found the reason for my health issues.  I had surgery, and started feeling better right away.  

Looking back, there are days I wonder how we made it through this time.  It doesn’t take long before I realize, it was because of my husband.  He was strong when I wasn’t.  He was right there to support and encourage me when I wanted to give up.  

Marriage has it’s ups and downs.  Life is not perfect, as we all know.  Marriage isn’t about just the happy joyous times, it’s about so so so much more!

Week #10 Challenge

Write a note of appreciation to your spouse, thanking him or her for a specific time when they were supportive of you.  If you are not married, write a note of appreciation to someone in your life who has helped you through a difficult time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment